I have a new book available in print. The Raging Giant Blue Goldfish: 22 Short Stories. As book titles go, that’s certainly a mouthful. It’s a collection of short stories. Almost two dozen. These are the kinds of stories you might tell on the porch. All of them are short enough to read in one sitting during the time you would drink a cup of coffee or two.
I would love for you to check it out. I’m proud of the accomplishment, but I’m also hopeful readers will enjoy it. These aren’t the dark, broody stories that you might have seen from me. Imagine a mix of Mark Twain, Garrison Keillor, with a little bit of traditional folk tale tones worked in.
22 fun and gentle stories. Occasionally outlandish and often sentimental, these will evoke the days of old storytelling told in a new way. Heartwarming, thoughtful, and entertaining. Goldfish, cats, turtles, funny little ghosts (and a couple scary ones), baseball, dogs, tea, amazing kids, and terrible ice cream. And a couple of favorites freshly retold.
Learn how some jet-set adventurers re-find their groove with their family. Discover what happened to the oversized fish in the river. Find out how one boy’s hope changes everything. Learn the real story about the ghosts in your house, the greatest dog in the world, and why there are fireworks after baseball games.
- Mountain Cat Charlie Runs Again
- How to Help the Ghosts Who Haunt Your House
- Hunting With Elizabeth
- The Raging Giant Blue Goldfish
- The Green Forest
- Richard’s Magnificent Olfactics
- A Taste of Heaven
- An Old Can Found at Andy Winnoway’s Place
- Why Four Sheep Had Their Hooves on Backwards
- Some Days Are Better Than Others
- That One Kid
- Mr. Smith and His Delicious Ice Cream
- The Crematorium Ghost Cloud
- My Biggest Game: A Baseball Story
- The Boy Who Hated Doing Everything
- Escape from Hicklebirkle Manor
- The Ghost of Old Suwanee
- Cannonball’s Run
- The Boring Barrowman Boys of Bowing Burrow
- The Legend of Jack, The Candlestick Jumper
- The Princess and the Pea
- Stone Soup