When you need a keynote address, whether it is a commencement address or a fundraising speech, I’m in. I’ll highlight your organization’s value while charming your audience into smiles and laughter. In a hurry? Contact me now.
Have you heard one of my speeches? If you attended Harvard, UCLA, or Princeton, maybe. If you attended one of the many black tie events using my speeches, then, yes. You saw my client, though, not me.
You might’ve heard that Jerry Seinfeld takes in $200,000 (not a client of mine) for a commencement address. I’m more economical, starting at $5,000 + travel expenses. Public speaking shouldn’t cost as much as new house.
Some of My Topics
- Creativity and the Creative Process – How does writing really happen? (Keynote )
- Creativity – How to see the extraordinary each day (and live to tell the tale)
- Failure as a Positive: Going from the Bottom to the Top – Failure never stopped me. It didn’t even slow me down. I’ll explain why. (Keynote)
- Inspirational Keynotes – A range of talk topics or completely customized for your event (Custom Keynote)
- What I’ve Learned as a Speechwriter – A funny, intense look at things I’ve learned along the way. (Keynote)
- Why Literature Should Matter to Math Students – I announce my discovery of the end of pi, and help mathematicians appreciate great writing. (Keynote)
Teaching and Training
I can train your project managers and vice presidents alike poise and elocution, media presence, and general presentation skills. Executives will deliver their message with confidence and effectiveness. I can also write the speech itself.
- Clarity of Message. How to speak efficiently.
- Confidence Building. Your audience wants to hear from you. I’ll help your audience know it. (Breakout session)
- Creativity and the Creative Process – How does writing really happen? (breakout session)
- Storytelling. Get beyond the buzzword. Understand traditional literature in the context of speech writing. (Breakout session)
- The World’s Shortest Elevator Speech – Learn why you are talking too much and how to fix it. (Breakout session)
- Public speaking – learn to keep the attention of your audience
I have written speeches for many of the top business leaders in the United States. My speakers have raised millions of dollars with my speeches and inspired countless people.
I have taught communications and public speakers principles in corporations like W. W. Grainger, Aetna, and Blue Cross, Blue Shield, as well as to numerous private clients.
I have years of experience teaching adult inmates in the McLean County Law and Justice Center, tutored roughly a hundred elementary and high school students, and all ages of students as a substitute teacher. I have taught everything from storytelling to chess to Robert Frost.
“Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can play weird; that’s easy. What’s hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity.”
"Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people."
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last, you create what you will."
George Bernard Shaw
Get In Touch
Get In Touch
Writer & Speaker
Atlanta • Chicago • Global
This site may contain affiliate links so I earn a commission.
All Rights Reserved